Roof Repairs in South Texas
Trusted Roof Repair Company in South Texas and the Hill Country
Whether you’re missing some shingles or need to replace the flashing, the roofing professionals at Roof Fix can help. Roof Fix can repair nearly any roof, from commercial properties to residential, from metal to asphalt and shingle roofs.
There are numerous ways to extend the life of your roof, including keeping nearby trees trimmed, ventilating your attic, maintaining your gutters, and, perhaps most importantly, repairing damage when it occurs.
What Causes Roof Damage?
There are multiple causes for damage to your roof, the most common being age and storm and hail roof damage. Harsh weather conditions can cause leaks and even tear off parts of the roof.
However, carelessness and neglect can also cause roof damage. If you act carelessly while on the roof, dropping things or putting too much weight on it, you could cause damage. Additionally, you should regularly check your roof for signs of damage in order to catch problems before they get out of control.
Common Signs of Damage
Monitoring your roof for signs of damage is an important part of maintaining your home. Contact Roof Fix for roof repair immediately if you notice:
- Damaged, wet or missing shingles
- Cracks or other problems around roof openings and objects
- Deteriorating exterior paint near the roofline and staining on ceilings and interior walls
- Visible sunlight or leaks in the attic
- Sagging roof decking
- Higher energy bills
Repair vs. Replacement
The choice to repair or replace your roof depends mostly on its age and the severity of the damage. If the damage is severe enough, it might cost less in the long run to completely re-roof, especially if you’ll have to re-roof in several years anyway. However, many repairs only require new shingles or small patchwork.
It is better in these smaller cases to avoid the cost of installation by having the damage patched. Repairs allow your roof to last longer without the cost of installation. If part of your roof needs replacing and part of it doesn’t, you might consider partial roof replacement as a way to save money and restore your roof.
Roof Fix, the trusted South Texas roofers, can handle any job. From metal roof damage to working around solar panels, you can count on our team to provide fast, quality residential roof repair. Contact us today to find out more about our services or to request service.
Different Types of Roof Repairs
- Fascia Replacement – The fascia is the lower part of your roof and usually your roof’s first defense against the elements. If your fascia has begun to mold or warp, the roofing professionals at Roof Fix can help you navigate the replacement.
- Shingle Replacement – Usually the most visually obvious, shingle replacement can make a world of difference for a home with a shingle and asphalt roof.
- Gutter Maintenance – Cleaning your home’s gutters may sound a little too easy, but sometimes that’s all it takes. Ensuring that your gutters are clear of debris can prevent the build-up of water around areas vulnerable to leaks.
- Flashing Repair or Replacement – Roof flashing is sheets or strips of metal that are installed at breaks, joints or edges of a roof. AKA: areas that are most vulnerable to roof leaks. Over time, the flashing of a roof can become worn and may require repairs or replacement. For smaller cracks and holes, roofing cement can be used to repair the damage but for more extensive damage the flashing of a roof may need to be replaced before the life of the roof has reached its end.